Saturday, 27 July 2013

Liebster Award



I am so happy that I have been nominated for the Liebster Award! I would like to thank the lovely Bea from Beatrice Sapphire for nominating me for this award, I'm so grateful (you can read her post here) I love reading her blog, she always keeps me up to date with beauty and skin essentials - I definitely recommend that you go and give her a follow!

Rules

1./ Answer the 10 questions which your lovely nominator has given you!

2./ Nominate 10 bloggers who have under 200 followers and link them in your post.

3./ Come up with 10 more cool and crazy questions for your nominees to answer!

4./ Inform your lovely nominees so they can do their responses!
Here are my answers:
1./ Why did you start a blog?

I started blogging at the end of June 2013. I've been interested in fashion and beauty for years now but never really gave blogging much thought, mainly because I didn't know where to start! But then after helping friends with style advice, always buying the latest beauty and makeup products, and reading so many wonderful blogs I knew it was about time I started my own! 

2./ Which is your favourite clothes shop?

This is a difficult question! I have so many favourite clothes shops for all different reasons. But at the moment, I would have to say River Island is my favourite - they have some beautiful clothing in this season and the quality is outstanding.

3./ Which is your favourite makeup brand?

My current favourite makeup brand is Illamasqua - I think their makeup collections are wonderful! I find it difficult to find the perfect foundation for my porcelain complexion but when I discovered Illamasqua's skinbase in shade 102, I fell in love! (I will be doing a review soon - so look out!) I also love the idea of being adventurous with makeup and if you're like me where you like to experiment with different colours and looks then the Illamasqua counter is where you want to be!

4./ Who was your first follower?

My first follower was the lovely Jess from Beautifully Laced. Her adventurous outfit posts and DIY beauty posts are fantastic to read, and she always accompanies them with beautiful photos - You should go take a look! 

5./ What is your favourite food?

Tomatoes are my most favourite food - I absolutely love them! My favourite kind are the on the vine cherry tomatoes, they really are delicious! I enjoy them so much that once I switched my Popcorn snack in the cinema for a tub of my favourite tomatoes! I must admit I did get a few funny looks when I was sat enjoying my healthy snack whilst watching the film!

6./ How do you overcome bloggers block?

I haven't experienced any bloggers block just yet as I am fairly new to the blogosphere. However, when I do hit this block I think the best thing for me to do would be to relax, listen to some good music and read other blogs for inspiration, all accompanied by lots of yummy snacks.

7./ Who is your favourite YouTuber?

My favourite YouTuber at the moment is Beauty Crush, I recently subscribed to her channel as I think her tutorials and hauls are so interesting to watch and she just seems a genuinely nice girl.

8./ Would you like to make YouTube videos?

I would love to make YouTube videos in the near future! Once I have more experience with blogging I hope to start making some - watch this space!

9./ Which post on your blog are you most proud of?

I am most proud of my MUA lipstick review! I spent a lot of time editing the photos, writing the review and planning out the whole post. I am really happy with it, you can read it here.

10./ Do you participate in #bbloggers chats?

Unfortunately I don't participate in #bbloggers chats but I would love to! Where do I start? :)

My lovely nominees are:

Jess at Beautifully Laced
Leah at The Northern Doll
Ana at Ana Mascara
Victoria at Victoria Ivy
Ruby at Ruby Duchess
Louisa at Louisa Mary MUA
Lisa at Chique

My questions for you are:

What made you start blogging?
Which post on your blog are you most proud of?
Who is your favourite blogger?
Which 3 High Street stores do you shop at the most?
What is your favourite item of clothing?
How would you describe your personal style?
If you could only choose 3 makeup items to keep forever, which would they be?
What is your all-time favourite lipstick? (Brand and colour)
What is your favourite nail varnish colour?
What is your top beauty/styling tip?

10 comments:

  1. Thanks for nominating me Jess :) I just did the Liebster last week - will link it! Having a browse of your lovely blog now. You're beyond gorgeous!

    (By the way, I would choose concealer, mascara and lip balm!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww you're welcome Ruby! Thank you for your very lovely comment and for taking the time to look through my blog! I really appreciate it :) I'm looking forward to reading more of your posts! Good choices - I would pick lip balm and mascara too! xx

      Delete
  2. Great answers! I love Beauty Crush too xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, and thank you again for nominating me for this lovely award! :) xx

      Delete
  3. Aww thanks for nominating me Jess.
    Although you are new to the blogging world, I think you may be my new favourite blogger!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Leah! That's such a lovely thing to hear, especially considering how new I am to all of this, so to have someone like you say that means a lot to me! :) I love your blog so much! xx

      Delete
  4. Thankyou for nominating me Jess :3 I'm so excited to get to the nearest computer and start answering your questions! My favourite post of yours is the lipsticks too xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anytime Jess! Your blog is lovely so it deserves a nomination! :) Aww thank you! Im really proud of my Lipstick post so it's really sweet that you like it! :) I really like your curling tutorial! :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for nominating me! So sweet.
    I put your name in my liebster award, with a link to your website.
    You can see it here:
    http://chiquefbbl.blogspot.nl/2013/07/the-lovely-jess-harrington-me-for.html

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw you're welcome! Thank you so much for putting my name down in your Liebster award I really appreciate it. I can't wait to read your answers to my questions! :) xxx

      Delete