Monday, 16 September 2013

Maybeline Baby Lips (Cherry Me, Pink Punch & Hydrate)


Maybeline Baby Lips. // Boots

Maybeline brought Baby Lips to the UK at the beginning of August 2013, and even though I bought 3 from the collection then, I have waited to review them up until now so I could fully enjoy using the product for a month before writing a review. 

I decided to choose 3 out of the 6, Cherry Me, Pink Punch and Hydrate. Firstly, I absolutely love the scent of all 3 of them, they smell so delicious that I could eat them! I also think the packaging is perfect, a simple design with bright bold colours with different colour combinations for each of the 6 Baby Lip balms. I love this idea, it gives each of the balms individuality and character. Cherry me and Pink Punch are very similar colours (as shown in my heart swatches) even though they look very different to look at in the packaging but I do really like the colours and they would suit any skin tone, yay! Hydrate is a clear balm with a lemon scent and leaves a matte look on the lips.

However, I was a little disappointed with the longevity of the guaranteed 8 hour plus moisture as my lips only seemed to be hydrated for around 2 hours then I would need to apply the balm again.

Overall, I do really like the Baby Lips and I always have Pink Punch or Cherry Me in my bag just in case I need a pop of natural colour on my lips. But I wouldn't buy any of them again, the product just lacks moisture for my lips despite the delightful colours they provide.


Heart Rating

Packaging:/
Design:/
Formula:/
Smell:/
Longevity:/


Have you tried Baby Lips? What did you think?

6 comments:

  1. I've heard mixed reviews about the Baby Lips tbh, I think there was probably too much hype around them! It's disappointing to hear they didn't moisturise for as long as they say!

    xx

    www.salted-roses.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think that was why I was a little disappointed because of all the hype! I can't fault the colours though, they're lovely :) xx

      Delete
  2. I agree about the 8 hours of moisture or lack of, its such a shame because they've been hyped up so much that they're just disappointing when you do use them. Thank you for the honest review x

    fabheadtotoe.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad I'm not the only one that thinks the Baby Lips lack in moisture! Aww you're welcome! :) xx

      Delete
  3. I have two of them and I like them because they can be nice to put on under lipstick... but I don't think they're really that great for moisture... at least not as much as they claim to be.
    They're like many other lip balms, just well advertised!

    www.gingifer.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're right they are very much like other lip balms! I'm going to start wearing my clear Baby Lips under lipstick too! :) xx

      Delete